Saturday, May 31, 2014

Bouts of Books 10.0 Wrap Up!

This past week I participated in Bout of Books 10.0, which is a low key read-a-thon in the blogging and vlogging book community. I also had finals this week, which is why there were no reviews or updates posted to my blog. I still really wanted to do a wrap-up post, so all of you could see the books I read!
I ended up finishing a total of five books and two novellas, but also started four other books.
On Monday I read a short novella for school, To Build a Fire by Jack London. It was 32 pages and I ended up giving it 4 stars. I also read The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery which was 96 pages. I gave it five stars because I absolutely loved it! On Monday I also read The Assassin and the Princess by Sarah J. Mass which is a 12 page Throne of Glass novella, that I gave 4 stars. And I started the Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken which I read 57 pages of and then put down because it wasn’t holding my interest. I ended up reading a total of 197 pages on Monday.
Then on Tuesday I read two books, and part of another book. The first book I read was Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan, which I really enjoyed and gave 5 stars. I also read We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, which I had pre-ordered about a month ago and received in the mail Tuesday, the day it came out. It exceeded my expectations and I gave it 5 stars and added it to my favorites list. I also read 67 pages of The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegal, which I was sent for review. In total I read 460 pages
On Wednesday I read two books, and part of another one, but one of the books was a collection of novellas. At the beginning of the day I read Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi, which is the novella between Shatter Me and Unravel Me, and which is part of the novella bind-up entitled Unite Me. Then I read Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, the second book in the Shatter Me trilogy and then I read Fracture Me, also by Tahereh Mafi, which is 2.5 in the Shatter Me trilogy, and with reading that I finished Unite Me, which totaled up to 197 pages. In addition I read 40 more pages of The Break Up Artist. My total pages for Wednesday ended up being 725 pages.
Then on Thursday I started two books. I read 82 pages of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and 22 pages of Along For the Ride by Sarah Dessen. Then I also read 40 pages of The Break Up Artist. My Thursday total was 144 pages.
My birthday was on Saturday and so I spent Friday and most of the weekend celebrating with my friends and family. On those three days I read a total of 143 more pages of Gone Girl.
In total I read 1562 pages this week, which I’m pretty happy about considering I was doing exams and it was my birthday. Now I just need to catch up on my reviews!

-Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment