Saturday, June 21, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (1)

Hey Guys!

Today is my first Stacking the Shelves ever which is supper exciting! For those of you who don’t know Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews where you show all the books you’ve added to your bookshelf this week, weather it’s physically or electronically. 

This week I bought two books, both in physical copies.


The first one is Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo, which is the third and final book in the Grisha Trilogy. This book came out on Tuesday, and after reading Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo on Monday, I immediately pre-ordered Ruin and Rising. I also got The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera. A couple weeks back my mother made a list of some of her favorite books that I should read, and this was one of them so I decided to pick it up. It’s not YA and I don’t know anything about it, so I’m excited to dive into it sometime soon.

I also got three ebooks for review this week via NetGalley.


The first one was Vivian Apple at the End of the World by Katie Coyle, which I’m really excited to read after previewing it in Buzz Books. The next is Amity by Micol Ostow. This is a YA horror novel about a haunted house that was recommended fans of Stephan King, Ellen Hopkins, and American Horror Story, which are all things I love! And the next one was The Dark World by Cara Lynn Shultz. I’ve seen a couple blog posts about this book, most of them positive, so I’m really excited to start this paranormal read!

I hope you enjoyed my very first Stacking the Shelves! Link your in the comments and I'll be sure to check it out!


10 comments:

  1. I have heard rave reviews about The Dark World. New follower via bloglovin. Ruin and Rising is very popular this week. Enjoy your new books this week.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I think I'll probably start The Dark World this week so I'll have a review coming soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm currently reading Siege and Storm at the moment, too!! I definitely prefer Shadow and Bone more, though.
    New follower!! I'm completely in love with your blog!! Can't believe you've only been blogging for a little while!!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I totally agree with you that I likes Shadow and Bone more, which is unfortunate since I had such high hopes for the rest of the series.

      Delete
  3. Yay I got Ruin & Rising too!! And I love that your mom made you a list of books to read. My mother and I rec books to each other all the time :)

    Happy Reading!!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to Amity, love YA Horror, one of my favourite reads. :) Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Ruin and Rising. And Vivian Apple was one of the books I stalked at BEA and was unsuccessfu. I don't see it up on NG anymore, so I will eagerly await your review!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved Ruin and Rising! I'm about half way done with Siege and Storm and then I'm super excited to see how the series ends with Ruin and Rising. I'm sorry than you didn't get Vivian Apple, but I'll be sure to have a review up soon!
      Thanks for readng!

      Delete
  6. ruin and rising!! i need to get my hands on that book. i haven't read book 2 yet but i get a feeling once i do pick it up i'm gonna want to read r&r asap. happy reading :)

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  7. At the end of the world looks good, hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete